From 4:00-5:00PM, every other Thursday, a Sufi study and practice gathering will be held at Naropa University..
For Naropa students interested in Inayati Sufism, Pir Netanel Mu‘in ad-Din Miles-Yépez will be leading Sufi study and practice of sessions on campus throughout the semester. Pir Netanel is the head of the Inayati-Maimuni branch of Inayati Sufism, as well as a teacher in the Religious Studies Department at Naropa University. The Inayati lineage of Sufism is based in the four great lineages of traditional Sufism, but emphasizes the universalist teachings of Hazrat Inayat Khan (1882-1927), the first Sufi master to teach in the West. Sessions will include traditional Sufi practices, such as dhikr (remembrance) and murraqaba (meditation), as well as teachings on traditional Sufi subjects through storytelling and poetry.
* January 22: (Lincoln 4140, 4:00-5:00PM)
* February 5: (Lincoln 4140, 4:00-5:00PM)
* February 19: (Lincoln 4140, 4:00-5:00PM)
* March 5: (Special Practice Week Session, Lincoln Meditation Hall, 4:00-5:00PM)
* March 19: (Lincoln 4140, 4:00-5:00PM)
* April 2: (Lincoln 4140, 4:00-5:00PM)
* April 16: (Lincoln 4140, 4:00-5:00PM)
* April 30: (Lincoln 4140, 4:00-5:00PM)